Thursday, May 30, 2013

He really pays attention

Well I am in absolute joy tonight. I read a story or I make up a story to my 9 year old son before going to bed because he is typically a hype boy before going to bed like most children his age. So tonight I wanted to be sure of his assurance of salvation. So I asked him to get in the bed an be ready to answer this question as honestly as possible. So I asked him the same question I ask everyone regardless of there mental stability. LOL. Which is "if you were to die tonight and we to stand before God and He were to ask you why should I let you into heaven? What would be your answer. My 9 year old said "He would let me in because I love you and you are my savior and you died for me." I almost shouted, but the joy in my heart to know that my children will be alright in the event that this world seeks their demise to know that no scheme will never take them out the hands of Jesus (john 10) I told him you are right and that Jesus is the reason on the gift of eternal life is yours if you believe with you heart and confess with you mouth that Jesus is Lord(Roman 10:9-13) I so began to tell him about John 3:16 and I read John 11 which is the narrative passage I use, however the crux of the narrative is 11:26 where Jesus says not on the last day but that he is the resurrection and the life he who believes in me will not perish be have everlasting life. Yet again Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. When I walk him to school and pray with him before he enters school to have a great day and to love all the children in school even the bullies and we gone over the gospel he was paying attention. Now it is time to show him how to share it with his friends as to how they can be assured of salvation for the Glory of God. For by grace alone through faith alone by Christ alone. Thank you Jesus for saving me and saving my family.

No comments: